The Darnell Scholarship Fund enables talented young musicians to develop their own gifts more fully.
This fund was established by the Darnell family and funded through the gifts from the family and friends. It was approved by the Session of Decatur Presbyterian on February 22, 2005, with these purposes in mind:
- To make a difference in the ministry through music program at Decatur Presbyterian Church and its environs
- To provide monetary scholarship assistance for worthy students of music
The original amount of the fund has been invested by Decatur Presbyterian’s Investment Committee so that it can produce interest to be used for the annual scholarship awards.
- Candidates for the scholarships will be desirous of studying music in a school of music at an accredited college or university and will have been either accepted into said school or have an active application on file. Applications for the scholarship are accepted in the following order of priority:
Applications are available from the church office and should be mailed to the attention of the Music Committee of Decatur Presbyterian Church, 205 Sycamore Street, Decatur, GA 30030. The deadline is April 30 of each year.One annual scholarship is usually awarded each summer.
- A member of Decatur Presbyterian Church.
- Offspring of a member of Decatur Presbyterian Church.
- Any person from the Decatur area who meets the qualifications above.
- 2018 Veronica McClennen
- 2017 Lollie Newsome
- 2016 Lollie Newsome
- 2015 Wesley McMahan
- 2014 Wesley McMahan
- 2013 No Applicants
- 2012 Jessica Lane
- 2011 Jessica Lane
- 2010 Natalie Perry
- 2009 No Applicants
- 2008 Ian Mastrogiacomo
- 2007 Ian Mastrogiacomo
- 2006 Gus Godbee
- 2005 Gus Godbee
- 2004 Dan Pattillo