This Summer With DPC!
This summer DPC will be hosting Compassion Camp: Changing the World with Lovingkindness. Rising 3 year olds (must be potty trained) through rising 6th graders are invited to participate in a hybrid VBS program. Camp week will be
July 12-16. You can register for 1 of 3 options:
1. Receive a VBS kit with supplies and activities to work on at home at and your own pace.
2. Receive a VBS kit with supplies and activities & participant in a virtual small group with other virtual campers during the week of camp.
3. Join camp in-person from 9am-12pm for small group, in-door and outdoor activities. Masks will be required as well as social distanced practiced. In order to provide an in-person option, we will close registration on June 12th to make sure we have enough volunteers to have a safe in-person camp.
In order to make an in-person camp possible, we need a lot of volunteers. Here are some of the ways to help:
1. Shepherds for small groups- stay with a group throughout the week, guiding them through activities that are prepared in advance.
2. Carpool/Sign children in and out- Helping children to arrive at and depart from camp safely each day. Checking temperatures and signing children in.
3. Camp Floaters- help with tasks that arise during the week of camp
4. Virtual Shepherd- lead a multi-age group of virtual campers after the opening worship for 30 minutes each morning.
5. Preparing kits and supplies the week before camp
6. Monetary donations to help provide camper scholarships. Suggested donations of $35 but any amount is helpful.
We are asking all volunteers to wear masks and keep distance. Contact Rev. Emily Wilmesherr if you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, email@example.com