How to Volunteer
Ways to become Ministry partners
- Children’s Ministry is not just for people who have children or who have decades of experience working with children. We are looking for people who see children as a vital part of the Body of Christ to connect with us as Ministry Partners. If you like to teach- we have opportunities for teaching Children’s Chapel, Wednesday night programs including Godly Play.
- If you like to take pictures- you could attend some of the events with children and
weekly programs to capture the fun through photographs.
- If you like to love on the littlest ones- you can sign up to hold babies and play
with toddlers in the nursery during worship on a rotation or as a substitute. And
thanks to an endowment grant for a TV, the worship service will be on live stream
in the nursery this spring.
- If you like to organize, tidy up, or dive into administrative tasks- Your help is
needed in organizing files, setting up lessons, organizing the children’s library,
restocking the worship bag table.
- If you have a passion for worship- helping to prepare our children to lead liturgy
during worship would be a great fit for you.
- If you are interested in supporting families as they navigate the ever changing
joys and challenges, you are needed to connect with families through phone
calls, cards, or visits.
- If you like organizing retreats, community events- there is a place for you in
planning the family retreat, trunk-n-treat, bible presentations, and the advent
- If you love working with tweens- 3 rd , 4 th ,and 5 th graders are beginning to meet
monthly and we could use more adults to love and mentor this group of children.
- We are getting ready for Compassion Summer Camp and are looking for another
adult shepherd for one of the groups as well as an adult games leader.
- Donations are also accepted to provide more families who cannot afford camp,
an opportunity to come.
If you are interested in connecting with the children’s ministry in any of these ways, please use the link to the sign up genius This is not a sign up for special dates, just general interest. I will contact you about specific needs. If you have any questions please let me know.
Rev. Emily Wilmesherr