Report from the Endowment Committee
The 2016 Endowment Grants have been disbursed! The grants this year include:
Faith Formation Council:
- Youth Ministry Visioning Retreat Facilitator (to assess our current ministry and create a vision for the future)
- Youth Ministry Technology (TV, DVD player for middle school classroom; tablet, HDMI cord & adaptor for
high school classroom; furniture to store & secure items)
- Friendship Class/ Stained Glass Room (conference tables to expand seating and use of room)
Mission and Outreach Council:
- Hagar’s House (bathing station for children)
- Los Robles Clinic, Nicaragua (money to help buy medicines for the clinic) This is where our adult
mission teams went last summer and this summer.
- Jef Jel Project, Senegal (money to help build a medical clinic)
- Madagascar (to fund a training program for pastors & seminary students about HIV/AIDS)
- Choir (money to help buy new vestments to replace the ones bought in 1992)
- Sanctuary (new wireless microphone system)
- Sanctuary (replace assisted listening devices)
- Worship Enhancements (special additions to worship through performing or fine arts, ie. the painter on 12/6/15, or music instrumentalists)
- Office Lobby (cabinet to cover up pipes on wall & provide an information source for visitors)
- Stained Glass Window Repair (both sanctuary & chapel)
- Additionally, in accordance with the rules of the Endowment Fund, $14, 078 has been allotted for major maintenance (like a new AC unit to replace the one on the roof).
- Five projects were deferred for consideration until next year, four of them pending the Capital Campaign plans.
We also celebrate the generous bequest recently received from Marian Graves’ estate that will be added to the Endowment Fund, as per policy, to help fund these grant projects in perpetuity.